About
School History

Rev. Brinton W. Woodward (1977-2001)

Rev. Woodward arrived at Holderness and, among many other innovations, immediately set about addressing the need for coeducation.
Rev. Woodward arrived at Holderness and, among many other innovations, immediately set about addressing the need for coeducation. After taking a year to evaluate what needed to happen, Woodward solved for the need to expand the campus and for a way to successfully invite girls to study at Holderness at the same time. New dorms and new academic buildings were created to accommodate the growing student body.

Among Rev. Woodward’s other accomplishments were the creation of Special Programs as they exist today. Believing greatly in the value of a spiritual education as well as an academic one, Rev. Woodward built the chapel and theology programs. Known as a man who advocated for a school that held a genuine compassion for student needs, Rev. Woodward left Holderness in 2001 as a place that was ready to advance into the next century.
Back
Holderness School
33 Chapel Lane, Holderness NH, 03245
mail P.O Box 1879 Plymouth, NH 03264-1879
phone (603) 536-1257