Spring Athletic Protocols for Spectators
Holderness Athletics would like to thank parents for abiding by the rules during the Fall and Winter seasons. We have been working with the Lakes Region League member schools to provide in-person spectating this spring at Holderness athletic events.
The League has announced that it will allow 2 spectators per student to home games only starting the weekend of April 16 vs KUA and continuing through May 15 with Tilton.
Games the weekend of April 9 and 10 vs Proctor Academy will still be no spectators.
Please read the following guidelines and thank you for your support!
Lakes Region League Athletic Statement
We are coming to the end of a unique school year that brought unprecedented collaboration between our member schools and with parents to ensure an in-person experience for our students.
The establishment of shared operating procedures between schools, weekly meetings between Heads of School and Athletic Directors, coupled with extensive COVID-19 testing has allowed us to offer our full athletic programs. We recognize that there has been significant sacrifice from all constituencies.
As the spring athletic season begins, we write as a collective group of schools to convey Lakes Region League policies for game attendance and ask for your strict adherence for the benefit of your student and others.
Spring Athletic Protocols for all schools:
- Full community COVID testing will continue weekly throughout the spring
- Schools are obligated to report any COVID positive or quarantine cases on their campus each week to their opponent to determine the impact on scheduled competitions
- Families will be eligible to attend home games only, beginning the weekend of April 16 and 17. Any person trying to attend an away game will likely disqualify all outside guest attendance
- A limit of two family members will be permitted at any contest and all attendees must be from the same family unit
- Attendees should not arrive prior to warm-up/game time and each school is permitted to employ any desired pre-registration protocols
- Attendees are not permitted in any school buildings (other than Weld Hall to use the restrooms) and masks must be worn at all times
- Each school will have designated viewing areas and we ask that attendees remain there for the duration of the game and/or until attendees depart campus
- Each school will determine post-game access to players and departure procedures
Despite all of the obstacles, our communities have much to be thankful for this year. As the country desires to “re-open,” we remind you that the spring season is what we lost last year, and we want to ensure that our spring athletes have the same opportunities provided to our fall and winter teams.
Our continued shared commitment to these agreed-upon protocols will allow for a smooth completion of our year.